Certificate of Deposit
Use a certificate of deposit as a low-risk investment with a fixed interest rate. The more you save, the more you earn.
- Higher interest than savings accounts
- Competitive fixed rate
- Rate guaranteed for length of term
- Choose a term up to 5 years
- Penalty applies for early withdrawals
Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
Save for retirement while saving on taxes. We’ll help you choose from Traditional, Roth and Coverdell IRA plans.
Both Traditional and Roth IRAs offer distinct tax-savings advantages. We make it easy to get started with no setup fees and only $500 needed to open your IRA with us. It's your future, so it's never too early and never too late to start.
- Tax-advantage retirement savings
- Competitive interest above standard savings rates
- Traditional and Roth IRAs (see comparison tab)
- No setup fees
- $5,500 contribution limit per year (Must have employment compensation and must be 49 years old or under)
- Additional $1,000 "catch-up" contribution allowed for ages 50+
Traditional vs. Roth IRA
There are a few key differences between traditional and Roth IRAs, including when the bulk of the tax savings are realized. The following comparison can help determine which is right for you.
- Anyone with earned income and under age 70½ can open
- Dividend earnings are tax deferred until withdrawal
- Contributions can be deducted from current income tax returns*
- Withdrawals can begin at age 59½
- Early withdrawals subject to penalty**
- Mandatory withdrawals begin at age 70½
- Income must be less than $114,000 annually to open***
- Dividend earnings are 100% tax free
- Contributions are not tax deductible
- Principal can be withdrawn penalty-free at any time*
- Withdrawals of earnings can begin at age 59½; early withdrawals subject to penalty**
- No mandatory withdrawals
*May be subject to some minimal conditions. Consult with a tax advisor.
**Certain exceptions apply, such as healthcare, purchasing first home, etc.
***Or $181,000 for married couples.